Cosmetic Dentistry is an umbrella term that includes a variety of different elective procedures designed to improve the appearance of your teeth, as well as correct a variety of jaw and jaw alignment problems.
Cosmetic dentistry is a specialized branch of dentistry. As such, not all dentists are cosmetic dentists. Cosmetic dentists have undergone specific, additional training at cosmetic dental academies, such as the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies.
Here is a list of the most common cosmetic dental procedures:
- Teeth (or tooth) whitening. This is also called “bleaching”
- Composite and porcelain veneers
- Dental implants (to correct missing teeth)
- Dental bonding
- Dental bridges (to replace missing teeth)
- Tooth contouring and reshaping (for more minor changes)
- Dental fillings (metal fillings are never used. Rather, fillings are now matched to the color of your teeth)
- Dental crowns
- Dental caps
- Root canals
- Cosmetic gum surgery (used to correct a “gummy smile”)
- Accelerated orthodontics (such as braces you wear for only a few months)
In some cases, a combination of several procedures may be used to correct a problem. Each mouth is different, and only a qualified cosmetic dentist can determine what will work best for you.
There are very few dental problems that cannot be corrected by through cosmetic dentistry. And, in some cases, they can be treated in just three appointments.
If you are searching for a highly recommended dentist in Hollister and are unhappy with your smile, contact Dr. Mark Darnell today — He will be able to help you decide which procedures are best for you.
Cosmetic dentistry — it truly is something worth smiling about!